What can you expect from warehouse automation? Plenty, according to the experts at Scanco. Here, we’ve put together a list of our favorite benefits from warehouse automation.
- Streamlined procedures: Instead of having cumbersome manual procedures or hybrid manual counts and data input with reports run from your ERP system, now everything can be simple and streamlined. Scanning, automatic updates, and other aspects of warehouse automation make the entire process easier form start to finish.
- Greater intelligence: Warehouse automation puts all of the data about your current stock levels into the system so that everyone from the warehouse manager to the CEO can assess the information and act accordingly. The more business intelligence you have to work with, the better your company will be able to predict and plan for future business growth and development. Greater intelligence enables you to take advantage of opportunities as they arise, too.
- Increased productivity: Automation improves productivity in many ways. Hours that used to be spent conducting manual counts can now be spent elsewhere since time needed for inventory counts is reduced. You can track data more efficiently, and use resources better too once you understand how they are currently being used.
- Greater reliability: Manual inventory taking and data entry leads to mistakes. It’s inevitable. Automation via scanning reduces the mistakes to almost zero. Scan, and the count is in. It’s that simple.
- Improved reporting: Stop struggling with inventory spreadsheets and graphs. Reports are easy to run from an automated warehouse system. You can run reports on most data sources to view your warehouse operations at a glance.
Warehouse automation makes great sense. It offers many benefits and few drawbacks. If you’re ready to talk about warehouse automation, we’d love to talk to you about what you need.
Scanco is on a mission—a mission to transform how companies handle warehouse management. We offer warehouse management software and support, barcoding software and label printing, and much more. Learn more about our services online or contact us.