Do you use Sage 100 ERP (formerly Sage MAS 90 ERP and MAS 200 ERP) to manage your warehouse operation? Many manufacturers and distributors rely on the software to streamline processes, improve efficiency, and increase productivity both on the warehouse floor and in the office. As with any software investment, however, Sage 100 ERP is only as good as the version you are using. If your company is relying on an old or outdated version of Sage 100 ERP, you could be losing out on prime opportunities to increase your efficiency and improve your overall profitability.
Choosing to upgrade your business and warehouse management software is more than simply a financial decision; it’s a matter of improving your business’ security, boosting your productivity, and lowering your overall business costs. Outdated business and warehouse management software could be hindering you more than you know. If you have outgrown the capabilities of your current business software solution and have had to implement various workarounds, it could be time for a software upgrade.
Deciding when it’s time to upgrade your software versus simply update it can be a difficult decision for businesses to make. While there are a variety of reasons businesses should consider upgrading their business software, the deciding factor is whether or not the software you are currently running has the capabilities to effectively manage your business. If it does not, it’s time for an upgrade.
Sage recently released the latest version of Sage 100 ERP: Sage 100 ERP 2014. While many manufacturers and distributors may think it unnecessary to upgrade to the latest version, we suggest you consider upgrading (especially if you are using version 4.3 or lower). If you are operating Sage 100 ERP Version 4.3 or lower, you are not receiving the support you need from the software and risk having to solve any software issues on your own. Keep in mind that support for Sage 100 ERP version 4.4 will also be discontinued in September of this year.
While we agree that you don’t need to upgrade every time a new update is released, we believe the enhancements included in Sage 100 ERP 2014 are worth the effort. Here are the top five reasons we suggest you upgrade to the newest version of Sage 100 ERP:
- Reduce your security risk. It’s just a fact that old or outdated software solutions pose a greater risk for security issues than newer solutions. With each software upgrade comes a new fix to security issues that the last upgrade failed to address. If you wish to protect your software investment and the information stored within it, you should seriously consider upgrading to Sage 2014.
- Extend your business capabilities. Sage 100 ERP 2014 contains enhancements that make it easier for you to increase your efficiency and boost your profitability. You will have access to the newest enhancements, including improved custom reporting, access to the Cloud, mobile capabilities, and more.
- Receive support from Sage. As we mentioned above, if you are using Sage 100 ERP Version 4.3 or lower, you are not receiving any support from Sage. This means you have to solve all issues on your own or pay to have someone else solve them for you. With Sage 2014, you will receive the support you need from Sage to solve any software issues or problems, allowing you to focus on the more important tasks associated with running your business.
- Take advantage of the Cloud. Sage 2014 introduces Cloud technology in a big way. With this upgrade, Sage introduces four new Cloud-based features designed to streamline your business processes and increase efficiency: Sage Billing and Payment, Sage Mobile Sales, Sage Mobile Service, and the Sage Data Cloud.
- Receive the full benefits of your technology investments. When your ERP software is up-to-date, your other business and technology solutions benefit. All of our warehouse management applications automatically update to the latest version of Sage 100 ERP you are running, allowing you to experience the full benefits of the software on all of your devices.
Consider upgrading to Sage 100 ERP 2014 today. If you have any further questions about how this will affect your Scanco solution, give us a call.