Are you looking for ways to lower your inventory costs but don’t know where to start? If so, you’re not alone. Almost every week we receive questions from manufacturers and distributors across the country looking for cost-effective ways to manage their inventory and improve their operation. The truth is, reducing inventory-related costs can be a challenging undertaking if you do not know what you are doing.
You cannot eliminate inventory altogether, for your company needs items in stock in order to run efficiently. Waiting to order what you need until a customer requests a product is not an effective way to run your business. It will only lead to unnecessary delays and could result in a loss of customers.
What you can do, however, is invest in technology that helps you better manage your inventory needs.
Sage 100 Barcoding: The Answer to Smart Inventory Management
When your inventory-related costs become too high to bear and your current systems are not working to reduce your costs, it is time to look for other alternatives. If you are not using barcoding solutions to manage your inventory, this should be the first step you take when attempting to improve your inventory situation. Barcoding software, such as our Sage 100 barcoding (formerly MAS 90 barcoding and MAS 200 barcoding) mobile applications, can help manufacturers and distributors monitor their inventory levels and locations in the warehouse, as well as automate the time-consuming processes that are contributing to high inventory costs.
Our mobile Sage 100 barcoding apps seamlessly connect to Sage 100 (formerly Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 software), allowing manufacturers and distributors to see their inventory situation in real-time whether they are in or outside of the warehouse. Users of the application can even use their smartphones or tablets to scan products or view real-time dashboards and reports.
Sage 100 barcoding apps can help your company gain complete control over your inventory situation and eliminate inefficiencies that lead to high inventory management costs and stressful inventory situations. Here’s a quick look at how these cost-savings add up:
- Because barcoding solutions automate inventory counting and eliminate the need for manual data entry, your overall inventory accuracy will improve, giving you inventory numbers you can rely on so no mistakes are made.
- You can track employee performance with barcoding solutions and keep an eye on productivity rates and the consequent labor costs.
- Barcoding decreases the administrative costs associated with manual data entry. Your company can save on paper, printing, ink, labor, and more.
- Barcoding improves inventory tracking and verification, helping to reduce the number of errors that are made.
- Because it improves operational efficiency, companies that use barcoding solutions even claim to have better scheduling of warehouse activities. They don’t have to add more staff to the general management, so they can focus their time and attention on the things that need their attention more.
Why Use Sage 100 Barcoding Apps?
If you are using Sage 100 to manage your business, we suggest purchasing a barcoding solution that seamlessly integrates with your Sage 100 system. An incompatible barcoding solution will only add more money to your inventory management situation. These solutions will have to be customized or configured to work with your existing Sage 100 software and could take months to implement correctly. Our Sage 100 barcoding apps are designed to work seamlessly with Sage 100 and can be used on a variety of handheld barcoding devices, smartphones and tablets.
Contact us today to learn how Sage 100 barcoding software can help your company reduce the burden of inventory costs and improve your overall inventory management situation.