What You Need to Know about Mobile Technology before You Move to Sage 100 Warehouse Management
Mobile technology can expand your warehouse management options faster than any other solution on the market, but in order to get the most out of your mobile solution, you need to know how to choose the right one. The wrong mobile warehouse management solution can cause more problems than benefits, and if you don’t have the hardware needed to operate the system (some solutions only work on certain devices), then you may end up spending more money than it’s worth. This is why evaluating your options before you make the plunge is critical.
We’d like to provide you with a quick checklist of must-haves when it comes to mobile warehouse management technology. Keep the following in mind as you evaluate potential warehouse management solutions:
- Ruggedness/Durability – Can the solution be used in a rugged environment?
- Uptime – Does the vendor guarantee a realistic expectation for uptime (generally 99%)? Minimizing downtime is crucial to your warehouse operation.
- User Acceptance – Will your users actually use the application?
- Communication within the warehouse – Does the solution enhance communication within the warehouse or hinder it?
- Compatibility with ERP platform and other applications – Does the solution work with your existing ERP system? If not, don’t bother investing in it. Take the time to find a solution that easily integrates with your existing ERP system.
- Scanning capabilities and scanning accuracy – Can you easily and accurately scan barcodes and track inventory using the solution?
- Operating platform – Is the solution built on a good operating platform? Trust us – this really does make all the difference.
- Capabilities – Does the solution contain all of your must-have features and capabilities? Voice command, speech to text, Cloud access, and scanning options are all popular features included in good mobile warehouse management solutions.
- Total Cost of Ownership – Will the solution be more cost-effective than your current warehouse management software?
- Brand – Do you have experience with the brand? Do you trust the vendor? Your relationship with your technology partner matters; make sure you choose the right one.
All of our Sage 100 warehouse management applications are designed to meet the needs unique to both small and large warehouses. With seamless integration to Sage 100 ERP and multi-device operational, our Sage 100 warehouse management apps are just the thing you need to introduce mobile technology into your warehouse. Contact us today to learn more about our mobile solutions and discuss your unique mobile technology needs. If we’re not the best fit for you, we’ll point you in the direction of someone who is.