It can be easy to just focus on warehouse operations—cutting costs, improving accuracy, being more productive. These are all important goals, but when you are looking for more effective warehouse management, don’t forgot your customer.
Your customer should be the focus of your operations. If you want to be more effective, consider the touch points in operations that directly affect the customer. Begin by selecting one process and evaluate the input and output.
If you use sales people evaluate the customer experience:
- How quickly are quotes produced?
- Are the estimates accurate?
- How many estimates turn into business?
Look at methods a customer can use to place an order:
- What is the web order experience?
- Are the orders easy to enter?
- Do the orders flow to your Order Entry Department?
- If orders are not electronically connected to your order entry system, what is the level of order accuracy?
Evaluate how customers call in for service:
- How quickly are their requests fulfilled?
- Is there a standard method for addressing complaints?
- Is it easy for customers to communicate with us?
When product is shipped:
- Are the orders on time?
- Are the orders accurate?
- What are the number of return orders and why?
Uncovering the answers to these types of questions can lead to increased customer satisfaction levels and more business. It has been said many times by many people that you can’t cut your way to prosperity. But improving processes can improve the customer experience and your bottom line.
Scanco offers warehouse management solutions that will help you increase customer satisfaction. Contact us today.